Sunday, December 4, 2011

Things Are Not What They Seem, but They are and Will Be as The Lord Said

Friday I made an entry titled Do You Think You Can Tell that stemmed from a line from the Pink Floyd song titled Wish You Were Here (on the album of the same title.)  The song had been running thru my head despite the fact that I hadn't heard the song in ages (or as I think I put in my entry, many mucho years ... probably a good enough translation.)  But nonetheless it was stuck in my head until I got the blog entry posted.  Or so I thought.

I went the rest of the day without hearing the song and a good bit of the nite too.  And then, out of the blue, while I was out for dinner with some friends ... Yep!  First the, by now, familiar intro, which I sort of dismissed thinking that the tune was just creeping back into my head and hoping if I ignored it the song would not get stuck there again.  But then I realized I was actually hearing the song in the restaurant.

Now I was just sitting there thinking how bizaar (and truthfully starting to sing along and taking a stab at playing away on the table.)  Then I started thinking more about it.  I hardly ever go out to eat at a real sit down restaurant for dinner .... the food, while inexpensive, costs a good bit more than I can get on the street or have at friends places and the food is just as good if not better.  But I was here for a reason and the song, I figured, was playing for a reason as well.  Having blogged about it earlier that day my thoughts about the line in the song were fresh as were my thoughts of my friends that are in need of coming to grips with what future awaits them apart from the Lord.  So as things sorta came a little clearer I let the song drift off into the background and leaned into the table to excitedly tell my friends about my experience hearing the song, writing about it and the line in and let the conversation begin.

So sometimes it seems things are not what they seem, we know something is happening, but can't tell what or why and then all of a suddens it becomes crystal clear that indeed things are just as they seem, just as the Lord said they would be!  Just for fun, I thought I'd check to see if there were any Pink Floyd songs along this line .... a quick Google search and found it's called Sheep.  Interesting, but no .... this isn't a blog about Pink Floyd it's about God and His Amazing Grace, how it's being poured into my life and my desire to let it flow through me.

And I went all day Saturday without hearing the song in my head and didn't even think of the lyrics as I wrote this entry.  I'm not trashing the band or the song - though I'm not fan, I like some of the songs .... guess they remind me of when I was young???? I just don't want them stuck in my head.  I'm fine with getting some good praise and worship ballads stuck up there, maybe I will dial up some Chris Tomlin or Third Day or SCC or .... I better stop, the list is pretty long for me.

And with that know I will pray that you would be open to seeing the Lord working in and thru you and in when something just doesn't seem to be as it should, you would be quick to turn to Him, tell Him you trust Him and let Him lead you on the great adventure He has planned for you (quick reference to SCC, The Great Adventure .... Saddle Up Your Horses, We've Got a Trail to Blaze!)

No comments:

Post a Comment