Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Telling of Things Past and Things to Come

The first sentence in Daniel 7:28 sums it up so well for me .... this is the end of the matter.  God's Word says it and it is so.  This morning, as I read thru chapter 7 of Daniel, a book I've read and studied several times, I found myself filled with wonder at the simplicity of these words.

The preceding verses tell of the vision that, rightly so, greatly troubled Daniel.  As I read thru the chapter I too was greatly troubled in my heart, but also greatly comforted knowing that my trust is in the One who has already defeated the enemy.  Christ is my Victorious Warrior who has secured my salvation.  There are battles yet to be fought, but I am confident beacuase my trust is in Christ alone, in what He has accomplished and what He has yet to do.  I am anxious for His return and the final blow He will bring to the one that continues to seek to bring pain and destrusction yet can not steal away those Christ has secured .... I desire that Christ not tarry a moment more, eagerly awaiting His return, yet I trust His perfect timing.

When it comes to His returning I can only fall back to my thoughts and ways are not like His.  Mine are so much lower, so oft filled with myself.  As I type about His returning I find myself pondering how He can be so patient and then I move on to ponder His Grace - how can it be?  Yet He is patient and His Grace is all that and so much more.  His love is so great, His desire that not one of the sheep He is shepherding be lost, He will wait for the perfect moment to come charging back for the completion of what has already been secured and not a moment sooner.

Until then I will purpose to go and do where and what He leads me and know there is a purpose in the waiting.  It is not just idle time nor are the trials bringing useless struggle and the pain, brought forth because of a world stained by sin, is actively being redeemed as the Redeemer is at work bringing into completion all that has been and will be for His Glory.  And that is the ultimate end of the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment