Thursday, September 29, 2011

Forever Faithful

Over the past couple of days I have had some interesting conversations about the purpose of life, the condition of man's heart and God, His existence and His heart.  I'd say they were random and by chance, but I know better.  Or at least I hope I should.

For sometimes the thought still pops into my head - gee, that was neat, I just happened into that opportunity to have that discussion.  My desire is to continue to grow in knowledge and awareness that each moment, each breath I breath, every opportunity that comes before me, every blessing, every struggle, is a moment ordained by God and given out of His faithfulness.  He has given us a gift - the ability to choose to honor Him with our choices and actions, our obedience to Him and the way we will love our neighbors.  Unfortunately, we, let me say I, have let Him down, time and time again.  And that has brought a lot of pain and sadness - to myself and to loved ones, the latter is the most hurtful, especially knowing I have let my Father down.  Yet He is quick to restore, to hold me and encourage me to press on because He still loves me, He disciplines in perfect love, He is willing to work in and for me to refine me, to purify me and that brings the revelation that I am highly valued by Him.

I have had more than my share of second chances.  I still catch myself at times wondering why.  But I am moving past that and accepting that there is more than that.  He is at work and won't stop until He has completed what He has promised He would do - that will be when I see Him face to face.  Until then, I am just going to keep on in the moments, living in awe and wonder being abandoned to Him, asking Him to continue searching my heart, having the Holy Spirit reveal to me what is left of me and trusting Him enough to ask Him to take it from me.

And He will, and indeed He already has.  For as His Word says in Isaiah 59:1 - His arm is not to to short to save nor His ear to dull to hear and then further on in the chapter, verse 16 - He saw there was none to save so His own arm achieved salvation, His rightesouness sustained.  And I know from 1 Peter 1:3-4 that my inheritence awaits me, for He is keeping it for me until He has completed His perfect work in restorining what He has redeemed - that is me, I am the Lord's redeemed, He is my Forever Faithful Redeemer!

No comments:

Post a Comment