Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Perfect Peace

This morning, like the beginning of every new day, I woke with a choice to make as I stepped into another 24 hours of unkown.  Yes, I have have my plans and expectations for the day, but I don't know what may come of those and that is oft where I can get into trouble.  So I decided to offer up this day to the One who ordained it, planned it long ago, before time and I sought Him through His Word and some prayer, acknowledging who He is and who I ain't.

The first verse I came across was 2 Corinthians 1:3-4.  Yes God, the God of all compassion and comfort, is to be praised.  And I am to be available to comfort others as I am comforted. I can trust God to comfort me in all my troubles.  

The next verse I came across that really spoke to me was found in Isaiah 46: 3-4 (no I didn't plan to just look at verses 3-4).  God has cared for me since I was born, in fact before I was born and He promises to be my God for my entire life, He will carry me along and save me.  Though at times I felt far off from Him, felt, and indeed of my own works, unworthy of being in His presence, let alone calling on Him for help, He has always been there for me.  He has always been watching over me, calling out to me, ready to comfort me and to save me.  Such a marvelous mystery is the depth of His love and compassion towards me.  And for you too!

Sidenote from a little further down in chapter 46 - verses 12 and 13.  If things aren't right, God is offering to deal with things right now, take Him up on His offer!  You will find His tender mercy and amazing grace to be truly indescribable.

As I continued my reading I came to Psalms 68 - starts off with another call to prasie God - for He is our savior, each day He carries us in His arms.  Each day He is waiting, looking on with love and compassion, ready to save, ready to strengthen, ready to make His loved ones feel loved and uniquely specials, for indeed, as His creation, we are.  But again, each day, a choice is ours - to turn to Him, abandoned self or to try and go it on our own, or only half way.  I think the latter is the worst as the longing for the expected is so close, but yet so far away ... the unfilled hope that could be.  This day I choose to prasie Him and run to Him and find that He is right by my side already.  Lead on my Lord, lead me into Your will this day, for my good and for Your Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment