Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Truly Treasured - Faultless in my Father's eyes

 I love mornings like today - when I am reminded of who I am in my Father's eyes, I am reminded that nothing will ever be able to stand against the work that Christ has completed in and for me and for His Glory, for His Joy.

This morning I read Jude 1:24 as part of my daily devotional time with the Lord.  It speaks of the power of God to keep me from falling and that is pretty awesome!  It also affirms that Christ will one day present me to the Father as perfect, faultless, basking in His Glory and with exceeding joy over me.  That day will come, regardless of what may come today.  This verse speaks of a promised future, but also my present position - I am highly valued, truly treasured and without fault before my God.


The enemy of my soul may try to tell me othewise.  My own flesh and memory of my shortcomings may rise up against who I am, but it doesn't change who I am - a child of God, redeemed, cleansed and made spotless.  It doesn't mean that I still don't have quite a bit of refining to go thru - I am not perfect and am daily in a very real spiritual battle, but the day is coming when I will see my Savior face to face and He will take me and present me as I am, without fault, clothed in His royal righteousness.  It is mine today - grasping this truth is part of the work of my daily sanctfication.  I need to lay hold of this and press on, moving toward the prize that awaits me, held securely for me.

I am reminded of Hebrews 12:2 - to set or fix my eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of my faith as He fixed His eyes not on the Cross, but on the Joy set before Him .... that day that will come when His joy will be fulfilled (along with mine) when He will present me as one without fault.  And when temptation comes, when I am pressed in, when I see my self rising up, I will stand not in my strength, but in Him, who is able to keep me.

And for this truth I am filled with joy today, I delight in confidence I have in my God, I am strengthened and my spirit renewed - I am overflowing with His Praise!  To Him alone be all the Glory, now and evermore.  I hope and pray that you may find His love for you, His exceedingly great love for you, to be all you will ever need to grasp who He created you to be and that you would know He is indeed the Author and Perfecter, for His Glory, of your faith and you too will be strenghtened and renewed in your spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment