Friday, September 30, 2011

He has a plan

This morning I spent some time in Daniel chapter 9, deepening my ever growing ubderstanding of my needcpd, my gratitude for what the Lord has done for me.  in this chapter, Daniel cries out to the Lord, calling upon His tender mercies and His faithfulness to bring forth the salvation, the redemption and restoration that the Lord has promised.  He does so acknowledging his, and Israel's, helpless state apart from God - their sin had brought the calamity and destruction experienced.  Only God is able to save, ours is to humble ourselves and return to the Lord, our only hope.  My case is none the better!  And thankfully nine the worse, all thanks to what Christ has done for me.  I love what is promised and offered in verse 24!  I have a hope because He has a plan to save and He is Migthy and Faithful to do it!  Iwas reminded of Jeremiah 29:11 - He has a plan for my good, not for my destruction.  It is out of my sin, my foolishness that I stray from the goodness offered to me, but He has provided even for that.  I know He will even be able to use my sin to bring me closer to Him, and may my humble heart be open to sharing my weakness, my foolishness to warn and lead others to Him as well . . . all for His Glory!  And may His Grace work in me to keep me walking in the light, being lead in the path of righteousness.  Father keep my eyes and ears open to You and Your Word, be my strength and shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment