Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Raining Blessings

For some reason yesterday's afternoon heat seemed to be bringing more complaints than usual.  Yes, it was hot, but not unbearable.  But for some reason almost everyone I spent time with mentioned how hot it was and they longed for relief from a cool day.  Well, last night and powerfule thunderstorm rolled in and with it a cooling and cleansing rain poured down.  The rain made small streams down the sides of roads that washed the streets.  It also brought a coolness to this morning - I wonder how many people will today complain of how cool it was?????

Not me, I am enjoying the refreshing cool morning.  And as I read the Word this morning, I was reminded that the rain, and the snow, comes from Heaven - so thank you Father.  The Word, in Isaiah 55:10-11, states that the rain has its purposes to sustain life and it also states the Word is poured forth likewise and will accomplish what God wants it to.  What a blessing!

My desire for today is that the Word, which I treasure in my heart, will be on my lips, being poured out by the leading of the Holy Spirit and I would know that the Lord is actively accomplishing His purposes and that He has blessed me with the opportunity to participate with Him.  May the Lord lead me to bring a refreshing, renewing, encouraging, hope filled Word to those He has already planned to hear it from me.  I pray that they would recieve it as we received the refreshing rain, may they recieve the Truth of His reign!  May His Word continue to build me up and I pray You too are being touched by it now and throughout the day as well.

May You, Lord of all creation, receive all the Glory Lord and ever be praised!  I thank You for Your promises and that You are able and will do what You say!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment