Monday, October 10, 2011

Blameless and Holy in the Presence of Our God and Father

This morning I have been enjoying a refreshing cool dawn with a warm up of coffee and my Daily Bread that is nourishing and renewing my spirit.  I am grateful to my Lord, for He is faithful to meet with me, inviting me to walk with Him and enjoy His leading, His good and perfect will for me in this day and my life .... it is my choice and a great loss when I find myself wandering toward things that distance and separate me from Him, even those things that may appear good, yet are being pursued in my own strength.

I daily have a choice to make.  The need for time in prayer and the Word, that I may petition the Lord to strengthen and fill me that I may be filled to the fullness of His grace, able to bear fruit in all seasons and cirumstances and get armored up and prepared for the battles that will come, being reminded that the battle and the war belong to the Lord, He is already victorios, yet the battle is still real and our enemy is still active.  Even this morning the hater of my soul would seek to draw me away from this time with the Lord, but thanks be to God and the work of the Spirit in me, I am being strengthened and able to stand or better yet, kneel and worship my Lord, rest in His great protection and be filled with wisdom and grace that I may walk into the day with joy and peace and love overflowing.

It is not me, it is in Christ alone.  As I read in 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13, my prayer is that I would ever grow in understanding that it is the Lord that will make my love increase, He is the one that will strengthen my heart so that I will be found blameless and holy in the presence of my God and Father - it is His work in me, not mine .... mine is only to submit to Him and even then, it is not a real work of my own but of His loving affections toward me that call me to Him, His faithfulness that has shown me I can trust Him and His renewing of my mind that I would not continue in utter foolishness and go my own way, He strengthens me and opens my eyes with Truth, gives me discernment that I would not be deceived and so much more ... all to His praise and glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment