Sunday, October 9, 2011

Help me God, my Savior, for the Glory of Your Name

I am continuing my reading in Jeremiah, started in Chapter 12 today which led off with Jeremiah proclaiming God's righteousnes ... He is always righteous.  That is enough right there for me - He is always righteous, that truth alone should humble us pretty quickly, I know it does me.  For He is always righteous and the corrolary or flip side to that truth is that I am not, except and only for the righteousness I have only because Christ is in me.

Yet many, including myself, are quick to look at others and point out their shortcomings, maybe even prone to judge their unrighteousness and quick to look past our own.  The 2nd verse really pricked at my heart, specifically the second part - You are always on their lips, but far from their hearts.  This verse is speaking of the wicked, those that seem to be thriving, planted and bearing fruit, though not the fruit of righteousness.  The wicked even have God on their lips - some maybe to curse or use His name in vein, but some call out and even praise, while at other times, cry out to Him for help, but continue to walk far off from Him, in disobedience, seeking the pleasures of their lustful ways.

I continue to be amazed at how foolish God's chosen have been, they have seen the Lord's blessings, they have heard the prophets call and seen the prophecies come to be, the rise of the wicked, the fall of those far off from God, the warnings they ignored .... and I continue to be amazed at how I was the same way and in fear that I could be again if I am not continually yielding myself to Him, walking in obedience and trusting Him.  And so my prayer this morning is a cry for help, that my God would save me this day from having to walk thru the consequences of my foolishness, my unrighteousness because I don't want to experience the sadness and pain that would come from it, I don't want to bring it to others and least of all, I don't want to sadden my Lord - I want to live for His Glory!  So I ask Him to search my heart, to continue to strip away what remains of me and lead me in the path of righteousness.  And may His name be on my lips and even more so may He be near to my heart, may He have all of it and may I be bearing the fruit of His righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment