Friday, October 28, 2011

It is Finished, but There is More Yet to Come

When Jesus cried out "It is finished" the work on the Cross and the fulfilment of God's plan for salvation came to be realized. It was no surprise to God, but that moment shook the foundations of the world and has been breaking hardened hearts and chains ever since. Yet there is more to come! One day He will return, what a Glorious Day! And until then there is more that is yet to be done, more that is yet to come. God isn't finished, He hasn't given up .... that fact amazes me! He didn't give up on me and continues to show His amazing Grace and compasssion toward me and He hasn't given up on you and the rest of the world, each day we are given is proof of that - our's is the opportunity to accept and trust in Him and that He won't give up and has more to do and then to trust and follow Him where He leads.

Last Sunday night at the church I have been going to here in Mexico, we sang a familiar song - God of This City, in Spanish. I was singing partly in Spanish and partly in English and fully in tune with the Holy Spirit, affirming the truth of the song and His Lordship. Later I went online so I could get the all of the words in Spanish so maybe next time I could sing it all in Spanish. While looking up the words I came across some posts that gave the backstory for how the song came to be ... Wow! I first saw a clip on YouTube (will post below) and then read some more on it. What an Awesome God we serve! He is still moving, there is more yet to come! I don't want to do an injustice which my retyping most of the story would do so here is just a real high level summary and then you can check out the clip.

The net of it is the song wasn't written it was given in a moment of worship and praise as the band Bluetree was performing on stage. They were on mission in Thailand, singing in a Brothel Bar, in the midst of darkness, shining the Light of Christ and in the middle of their set the song just flowed out. God was moving - saying to them, proclaiming over the people in that bar, that city, that nation and the world that He is King, He is Lord, He is still moving, He hasn't given up, His plans will not be thwarted .... there is more that is yet to come, there is more that is yet to be done! Check out the clip - it is of Chris Tomlin sharing how the song came to be and how it was shared with him to sing.

For some reason, this post has taken a long time to get posted - I think the enemy (and my lacking technology skills) have been working against me getting it completed.  So I just prayed that it would get completed this morning and I will press on, knowing that God is my help, my strength and that His timing is perfect and His plans will not be thwarted.  I hope and pray this is an encouragement and light of hope to you as well.  In closing I want to share Titus 3:3-8 and specifically call out to you that it was His effort, notice what He did for me and you, notice where I was at when He was moving!  I don't take it lightly that I was an enemy of God's when He sent His Son to die for my sins.  And He isn't finished yet - not with His working in me to sanctify me and to lead me to do what is pleasing before Him, not in covering in me and comforting me and bringing me joy and life.  And one glorious day I know He will return .... until then there is more that is yet to come, more that is yet to be done!  As Psalm 100 closes .... The Lord is good, His love endures forever and His faithfulness gcontinues through all generations .... and I will indeed continue to give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment