Sunday, October 16, 2011

I know the Plans He Knows for Me ... Hope and a Future

My daily reading this morning brought me to one of my favorite verses .... Jeremiah 29:11.  Even as I typed that verse, the sunlight coming in thru my window seemed to intensify 100x, moments before it was cold and grey (ok, 66 degrees is a cold morning in Mexico!)  God You are so good to me!  You indeed bring me hope with the comforting words found in Jeremiah 29:11.

What a wonderful truth to hold tightly to.  You have plans for me.  The truth revealed in that very thought in and of itself is huge!  It means You have taken notice of me, You know me and You have made plans for me.  And it only gets better from there!  Your plans are not for my harm or destruction, but instead they are for my good, to prosper me, to give me hope and a future!  And that future includes You (it wouldn't be very hopeful or bright with out You!)

As I go thru this day and all my days may I always be drawing ever more near to You.  Thank You that You have affirmed that You will be with me, have a desire and affection toward me that was demonstrated in the love shown when You sent Jesus to pay for my sin, thank You for the compassion and mercy You continue to shower me with.  I am grateful that You have taken hold of me and are continuing to work in me that Your perfect plans for me will indeed secure my hope and my future.  My confidence is in only You.

For any that do not have this great comfort and hope, I pray you would read on, for in Jeremiah 29:13 God promises that if you seek Him, honestly and earnestly seek Him, you will find Him and the hope He offers to You.  And this hope and confidence is available 24x7, whether the sun is shining or the storm billows roll He is the One over all.  He brings the rain to quench a dry and thirsty land, but at the prefect moment He is the One who whispers be still and brings a perfect calm.  And what a wonderful reminder we have of His faithfulness when we glimpse the glory of a rainbow shining bright.  So thru it all His promise stands true - no matter the circumstances we face, He is always there, calling us to call out to Him.  I choose to do so and live in the peace of knowing He has already answered and provided for all I need and pray you choose to do so as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment