Saturday, October 8, 2011

From the Fullness of Grace

This morning I am again pondering and marvelling at God's Grace.  It's something that I love to do, especially after spending time reading thru passages that point out how foolish and destructive my sin is, for example, in Jeremiah 10:19 - it brought me an incurable wound!  and in Jeremiah 11:3 I am reminded that those who do not obey God are indeed choosing to be cursed.

But thanks to God for His mercy, He gave His Son .... that alone is grace enough, given out of His compassion, His love.  Yet the gift was given in the fulness of His grace, John 1:16, that we might receive one blessing after another, blessings upon blessings.

I deserved complete deslotation and utter destruction, yet I have life now and forever in Christ.  I am not seen by my Father in heaven for my disobedience, but instead Christ's righteousness and I am called to be a child of God, possesing the riches of the inheritence promised that are in Him.  I have joy, overflowing joy and am bathed in grace upon grace, blessings upon blessing .... none of which were deserved or due to me out of any act of my own.

So I sit here and ponder the how and why, I marvel at the depth of His love and pray for more understanding as to the depth, the height and the width of His love for me and for all.  I am growing and grasping more in the truth of how this marvelous grace indeed teaches me to live uprightly, how it compels me to worship in spirit and truth and to love others through the abundant outporing of the grace given me, more sufficient than I  could ever dream of, outflowing from me, yet I am continually being filled to the fullness that I had already been given.

I don't know what lies ahead of me this day, but I know there are incredible blessings to receive and share, all to the praise of my loving Father, may my walk today be pleasing to Him, show my love for Him because of His great love which He first gave to me, even when I was an enemy of His, and even when after saved by His grace, I still followed the foolishness of my own hearts desire, yet He has held on to me, continued to work in me, as He has promised to do, and is blessing me even the more, fulfillng my hearts desires as I set them on Him first.  My prayer is that whoever may come across this, that you would find this perfect peace and hope as well .... it is found in Christ.  And indeed if you seek Him, you will find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment